Posted on 10:44 PM

Sunday, August 10.... A Phone Call!

By Lynette at 10:44 PM

Trapper finally made it to Canada this afternoon. We had a little confusion on the delivery date so I did get to talk to him up until about 2:30 pm today. That was so cool. International cell phone rates are ridiculous so Trapper = Canada = no talking!

However, he is the most thoughtful man I have ever met and guess what???? He just called!!! It's funny... we are in such a phone routine and we've become each other's sounding board, so although he's not here all the time, he knows exactly what's going on. He offers sounds advice and he always listens. What more could I ask for?

I felt bad for him tonight. He said he felt a little "out of pocket". It's kinda strange, he could be in California... but when he's in Canada it is a little different, even for me. And I'm still in North Carolina!

He manages to keep up with all my stories and never seems to get tired of them. I have my "real job" that I'm always telling something about; my children, and all the things that go on with them (I'm getting ready to send my youngest off to college next weekend); my part time job and 20 adopted kids that I work with there; cleaning out here at home, getting ready to move in to the truck with him, painting and so forth at his house, and yet he never seems to get tired of it. He never tells me to shut-up or anything. He says I have a busy life. It's just life, to me.

The 10 minute phone call a few minutes ago probably cost $30 but, on the selfish side, it was such a surprise and so good to hear his voice. I know he's ok. I like knowing.

And the map....


View Larger Map

0 comments