Posted on 3:55 PM

Friday, Sept 19.... Yee Haw! ... TN to AR

By Lynette at 3:55 PM

A lot of miles to cover today, around 600. We woke up this morning in Kentucky… we’ll go to sleep in Arkansas. We have to be in Laredo, TX in the wee hours of Sunday morning, but we’re going to try to get there Saturday night.

Some days Trapper gets up earlier than I do. It gives him a little time to himself to get his day started and a few miles of quite. I get up… on down the road.

This morning was a little different…still laying in the bunk, I noticed the road was extremely bumpy… then it happened… I thought Trapper had decided to go 4-wheeling in the truck…or I was expecting him to start yelling “yee-haw!” Kentucky doesn’t have pot holes…. they have sink holes! Whatever we ran over threw me up off the bunk! That’s when I decided to get up.

We drove through Kentucky and then through Tennessee. Tennessee has good interstates. You can type, pour coffee, and put on your make-up with no trouble. We stopped in Jackson, Tennessee and ate lunch at this little Mom n' Pop restaurant. Can’t beat good cookin’.

We’ve got a lot of miles to cover today, but we’re taking it pretty easy. I don’t think I got out of the truck a couple of days ago at all. You get used to it. It’s pretty cool. It’s interesting how you adapt to your surroundings…the truck becomes home.

We stopped at the CFI terminal in West Memphis, Arkansas. Good thing I know the truck number.. I would hate to get in the wrong one! There are all makes and models of tractors…but all red. Trapper says the rumor is that CFI (or Con-Way rather) may trade out tractors after the first of the year. He wants a T-660... 18 more inches … hmmm

Crossing the Mississippi River was nice to look at… I’ve only crossed the Mississippi further south, so of course… more random pictures.

We’re 120 miles from the Texas border. It’s been a fun day, we’ve laughed a lot and kept each other company. 600 miles, 3 states, and I think only 1 time zone… but I wouldn’t swear to it! LOL

0 comments