Posted on 8:51 PM

Sat, Oct 18... Missouri Surprises!

By Lynette at 8:51 PM

We left IL yesterday and made it through MO today. We needed a couple of things done to the truck so we planned on stopping in Joplin, MO. This is where CFI/Conway Truckload has their headquarters.

I know Trapper was four-wheeling again this morning… forget giving him “his” time…. I was bouncing all over the place. I expected bad news, as I stuck my head toward the front of the cab… but all I saw I was road. There are some highways that are simple intolerable!
I must admit…. I fell in love with the archway in St. Louis, MO… as always… I took a million pictures. LOL
Arriving at Joplin, the marquee welcomes Trapper! We needed a back tire replaced and the inverter replaced. We got our new tire, but the inverter will have to wait. The service department was extremely busy and the wait was too long. Our eating out is becoming a huge variable expense and I’m going to forget how to cook!

The terminal was nice. Very driver friendly… weight room, basketball courts inside, nice facilities. They don’t allow bobtailing, so they run a shuttle bus back for the drivers.

After a short tour… we were back on the road. Our day was going as planned… no mishaps with the map, equipment, or anything out of the ordinary. Our stop for the evening was in Big Cabin, OK. This is where the day got fun.
The truck stop is huge. I really couldn’t imagine anything we needed that they didn’t have. At times, you have to make “fun” happen when you’re on the road. You see things that you just don’t normally see everyday.

As we were getting everything shut down for the day… I noticed these trucks… obviously waiting on the mother ship! Except for the PAM truck... I guess he/she was a stepchild????










Maybe Indian Chief is their leader????Over the past 2 months, we’ve showered in several places… BUT nothing like this! Trapper opened his door first and then we opened mine… get this! Talk about over the top!! I spent more time taking pictures than taking a shower… but, hey… we’re in no hurry tonite, right?
Trapper's shower was green... mine, well.... red! OK???? Here's the inside look at the shower.


I took so long in the shower Trapper came knocking on the door (to make sure I was OK????) Actually, he was waiting on me, which I didn’t know… and he must have gotten tired of being in the tv room…. He is way too good to me… and I stepped it up a gear when I realized he was waiting on me! He's a good man... LUCKY ME!
We walk outside and see THIS driving in!
We both want one… but Trapper wants one worse than I do.


Trapper remembered seeing this on the cover of a magazine… me… well, just taking pictures.

I googled this really quick and found out that he does a lot of truck shows. I’m not sure if he hauls anything or not… it didn’t say????? Quite customized! The trailer was custom painted also. The name of the truck is "The Gambler".


After this… we retired to our truck and to bed. Laredo… well… we’ll be there tomorrow and highlight for home!
The video is of this truck.


0 comments