Posted on 12:26 AM

Mon, Nov 17... New York City????

By Lynette at 12:26 AM

Trapper says I have jinxed us... before I joined him on the road I told him I wanted to run up the east coat to NYC, go to Canada, go through the Gulf Coast, and go out West...

The last 10 weeks have taken us to Canada twice (he doesn't particularly care for crossing into Canada), North Dakota two times, the Gulf Coast dodging a hurricane, and the state of New York a couple of times.

Before we left North Dakota, I told him I was "wishing us" to Florida... we made it as far south as North Carolina. Keep this in mind for a minute....

Today, our lumpers knocked on the tractor door around 5:00 am to announce they were finished unloading us. Way cool... I slept through it. I can hear Trapper up and around, closing the trailer doors, etc, and I knew we were rolling... so, I turned over and back to sleep. It was 5:30 am and I saw no sense in me getting up. The truck stop was only 8 miles away.

The truck stops, I think we're at the truck stop. I stay in bed.

As the cab is getting lighter (from the sun coming up) I yell to the front to ask him where we are. I'm always confused. He says we're right outside the delivery place. That was wierd but I turned over again.

A few minutes later, I hear a strange man's voice telling him we can't stay parked here. He agrees and the truck starts moving again. Silly man (Trapper) had been sitting on the road (right next to the driveway of Aldi's ) reading an article online for 2 hours! Some days you just don't feel like driving first thing in the morning.

Eight miles later we are now at the truck stop! Showers will be had soon! But, business first... we are number 2 on the board, 16 trucks in NC with 16 more inbound. We are wondering if we will be leaving today or do I need to call friends or parents to come get us for a while.

Our best bet was to shower, gather the laundry, and get it done. Again, the qualcomm never dispatches you while you are sitting in the truck... we must leave the truck. (LOL)

Showers done, we are feeling great. The laundry was in the process of doing and we decided to eat breakfast and hang out for a little while. Trapper returned to the truck and I stayed with the laundry.

A truck was would be nice right now too... the salt/slag has us looking like we were on a trail this week.



Upon my return to the truck, clean laundry in hand... I heave it up to him in the truck and assume my position in my seat. Trapper glances over at me and slowly turns the laptop towards me. The only thing I could see on the map was NEW YORK CITY!!!

"Why are you looking at NYC?", I subtly asked. His reply was just as subtle, "You jinxed us." I busted out laughing, "We are NOT going to NYC!" His subtle reply again, "Yes we are."

I grabbed the notepad and the qualcomm... "Oh gosh, we are.", was all I could say.

I automatically, being a 10 week trucking wonder, jump into my trip mode. "I need to check the weather, check the map, set the gps, where do we pick up, when do we deliver..." I could have gone on with the statement/questions, but he was getting that look on his face. You know the look ladies... it's the "I'm ignoring you look."

I checked the map out tonight, after he went to sleep... we can't go the way the map wants us to go, we run right into a traffic circle in the Bronx... we should stay on the BIG roads.... for my sanity and my picture taking!

We are at our pick up place tonight... Sears Logisitics in Hickory, NC and headed to NEW YORK CITY tomorrow~ good weather, good road conditions, and good directions, I hope.

Keep your fingers crossed!

0 comments