Posted on 1:43 AM

Fri, Dec 5 ... Too Close Not To!

By Lynette at 1:43 AM

Waking up as we were entering the Smoky Mountains was a surprise this morning... I went to sleep last night in KY... hmmm... guess I slept in today. I stayed up way too late the night before trying to decide which layout I wanted to use for this blog! Oh well... it gave Trapper some quite time!

Our trip today to Florence, SC will take us south on I-26, which we will come within 4 miles of our house. Do we or don't we? Do we... or don't we stop?? This was the question of the hour. If you've never been out here and experienced it... you probably don't understand what I'm saying. We knew we'd only have a few hours at the house because we had to make the last two hours of our trip tonight. We wanted to stop... but couldn't figure out a really good reason to stop. We also couldn't come up with a good reason not to stop.

As it all turned out... yes, we stopped! I did laundry and went to the grocery. I some how managed to cram 3 weeks worth of supplies in this truck tonight. We know we'll be out until Christmas and after we deliver in Florence, SC we are preplanned to go to Florida... so I tried to get ahead of the game.

Living on the road is funny. You get used to living in the truck. The TRUCK becomes your home. Where ever you stop, what ever state you're in, what ever time zone you're in... it becomes home. Like I've said before... OTR driving is a lifestyle, not just a job.

I'm sure, when the day comes that we can't do this anymore... I will miss it... but for now... I love it! so.... "Drive on Driver!"

0 comments