Posted on 11:01 PM

Wed, Dec 3... Tall, Wide, Long, & Low

By Lynette at 11:01 PM

It's been snowing all day. Luckily, it's the light stuff, so the roads are good. It's cold, windy, and snowy... here in the Windy City! And the name fits!


I need to recant my earlier desire to see snow measured in feet. Being from the south, this stuff makes me too nervous. So there... I take it back. Now Trapper can't keep saying, "You wished it on us!" Ha, ha... It doesn't bother him, but I'm in the passenger seat with the death grip on my arm rest!

Our day started early, 7:00 a.m., and when I looked out the window to make sure we were still in the same place as last night... this is what was in front of us! This is the biggest thing I've seen on the road so far... Check this out... 92 wheels and if you count the truck in the back, that was attached to this whole ensemble, you get 106 wheels!




















The first picture is the truck that pulls all this, the middle picture is the tank, I'm assuming this is some type fuel tank, the last picture is the rear. There was also a flat bed truck with this convoy carrying the casing for this tank. There were 4-5 other big rigs, off to the side, with various types equipment. They were only allowed to travel after dark in IL, according to one of the men Trapper was talking to.

I can't imagine. People at the truck stop were out of their trucks taking pictures of this! I just wonder what the freight charge was? Tall, Long, Wide, Low and bends in the middle...nightmare load! The driver wasn't lonely though... he had enough spotters with him to maneuver safely.

We made it to our first delivery, early of course, we were loaded in Cottage Grove, IL and headed to Carpentersville, IL with our hazmat load. We pick up in the morning in Bedford Park, IL and head to Florence, SC! We'll be 4 miles from the house at one point, but no time to stop. Bummer...

We're sitting at I-55 Greater Chicago truck stop tonight. It's about 10:30 p.m. and I'm watching 5 trucks try to get parked. In the meantime, the security patrol car is zigging in and out between these trucks... he's trying to get out of the situation he just got himself into! He's going to get run over... and I'm sure one of these drivers would like to tell him what they think right now. I wonder if that would be considered a "preventable"?

0 comments