Posted on 3:28 PM

Sat, Jan 10 .... The Last 16 Days...

By Lynette at 3:28 PM

We're still alive! Happy Belated New Year! I hope everyone is getting settled into their New Year.

For us... well... it came in with a bang! Trapper left on Friday, Dec 26 to go to Arkansas for his annual duck hunting vacation. He toiled back and forth with the idea of going but he finally gave in (I told him he'd be disappointed if he didn't go and I didn't want to listen to him cry for the next three days about not going!) and was on his way!

He had 5 days of sitting in a pit, calling ducks, and going in for the kill... I had 5 days of what? What the heck was I going to do with all this time? The next few days entailed cleaning the house, cleaning out the house, really cleaning the truck, going to Charlotte to see my kids, and painting!

Since Trapper and I have been together, I've never had this much alone time... but hey... the cat was away... so the mouse did play.... check out the new bathroom!! (We've been doing so interior updating... this was my surprise project!)

This is before....
















And.... After...























The bathroom redecorating looked like an easy enough project for a semi-intelligent woman... but turned into about a three day job.

I didn't think the ceilings needing painting until I painted the walls and realized they would look so much better if I painted them. The original paint I wanted to use looked like spiced mustard when I put it on the wall...or maybe baby poop... so... I scavenged around in the basement and found some old paint that I really liked and trimmed the entire bathroom one night.... ran to Lowe's and got more paint (matched up by numbers of course) and hurried home to finish my masterpiece.... the color, naturally, didn't match! I had to repaint the entire bathroom. I'm really glad the bathroom is finished. My patience was wearing thin....

I was totally excited to share all of my "doings" with Trapper when he got home but he arrived on Tuesday, Dec 30 and couldn't breathe... literally... he could not breathe!

We decided on Wednesday it was time to get a real doctors opinion ... (my physician's license have expired).... the doctor indicated it was pneumonia. Armed now with atom bomb strength antibiotics, a shot in the behind, an inhaler, and some kick butt cough medicine... we were hoping for a quick recovery.

Two days later... we were back in the doctor's office... and one more time yet a few days later. This has been nasty. I've never seen anything zap someone like this did. I hope I never see it again.

We did manage to do our yearly goals and our budget plan. (Let's see how this works...)

Trapper has done great recovering from the pneumonia and we're going back to work tomorrow. This time on the road, will be the real test.... The doctor highly suggested for Trapper to quit smoking, for good. (Which he has done fantastic with while we've been home.) For me, my doctor has been telling me that for years, which I tend to ignore. Quitting smoking was never a high priority of mine... until now... keep your fingers crossed....

0 comments