Posted on 2:13 PM

Sat, Mar 14... Eight is Enough

By Lynette at 2:13 PM

Immediately after I finished my last post... we were dispatched to pick up a load in Arden, NC (about 5 miles from where we were) at 9:00 pm and run it to Knoxville, TN... to be there at 11:00 pm.

Well, as fate would have it, we went over to the shipper's around 6:00 pm and this load was not going to be ready until Tuesday! WHAT???? Someone got their wires crossed! A quick call to dispatch and we were being sent home... which was only 30 miles south of where we were!

Arriving home is always a challenge, especially this time. My daughter was home for Spring Break, which meant it was time to do her taxes and mine so I could complete that infamous FAFSA form! If you have kids in college or preparing to go to college.... you can sympathize with me! Two days of "our" taxes... I finally finished them!

My son came down to visit and his taxes were completed as well. Then there was the trip to my "new" doctor is SC and yard work!!

It's funny how life goes on and grass keeps growing although you're on the road! I wish the yard had an "off" button... wouldn't that be nice! We did get an enourmous amount of things done in a very short amount of time. You always have to count 1 day out to get the truck back in order, get repacked, and cram all the groceries on board.

Plus, has anyone else ever noticed, you spend a lot of money when you go home and it takes a couple of weeks to get the checks coming back in properly??? It's a catch 22.... your miles for the week you highlight to go home will be down, you don't get paid while you're at home, and the week you return the miles are always down... so you have to stay out at least a month just to recoup from going home! And people wonder why we stay out 7-8 weeks at a time!

With our quick trip home finished, we are back out and at it. We were sent to Gaffney, SC to pick up a load and we delivered here in Wilkes-Barre, PA bright and early this morning.

I think we're number 4 on the board, but as I take a quick scan of the parking lot... at the Pilot... there are 8 CFI trucks here! We're having a little CFI party!

Looks like the weekend will be here... I knew I should have wished a little harder for Miami!

0 comments