Posted on 8:35 PM

Thurs... Nov 5... Making Our Way Through Texas

By Lynette at 8:35 PM

We left Texas around 2:30 a.m. I knew I might as well stay awake until we made it through the border crossing check about 30 miles into Texas. The last time we left Texas in the middle of the morning, the border crossing agent made Trapper wake me up just to ask me "are you an american citizen?" I probably looked more like a martian as I stuck my head out of the back.

I finally gave in around 4:30 a.m. and had to find my comfortable place in the sleeper! Sleeping on I-35 is easy... it was a very smooth ride with our 35k lbs of rope in the trailer.

We've been out 5 weeks and seems as though most of that time we've been in some part of Texas. Our trip today came right up Interstate 35 through San Antonio, Waco, and Austin. It also takes us right through the area of Fort Hood. What a sad day there today.

With our 11 hours of driving time being up, we stopped in Gurdon, Arkansas, took a nap, grabbed dinner, and Trapper is currently resting while I play on the computer. His day will start again at 3:00 a.m. with our delivery being at 8:00 a.m. in Memphis, TN.

Who knows where we will go from Memphis!

0 comments