Posted on 9:48 AM

Maybe LivingOTR.com is moving up??????

By Lynette at 9:48 AM

Ok... anyone who has a blog or website knows that the more visits you have the more likely google is to recognize you.

This was not my intent with LivingOTR.com. I originally started this as truckerlife101.blogspot.com but decided to have it redirected to LivingOTR.com because the shorter the name the easier it is to remember.

The blog started as a way for friends and family to keep up with us and for us to remember our days on the road. And, once I'm dead and gone, it would be a way for my kids (and grandkids, and grandkids) to remember me being plain 'ole me.

I never really expected it to even be noticed by other "truckers" and I'm glad for those of you that do read and follow along!
However...my point for now... a couple of weeks ago I started noticing spam comments that included links to other websites. How annoying for me because I had to go in and delete them! I hate spammers.

I have also, in the past month, realized how many people actually get paid to leave comments and "back links" on blogs. I never said I was a computing wizard and I'm just now figuring some of this out.

This is also annoying to me.

So... as notice to all spammers.... I am deleting you! However; YOU have also made me change my "leave comments" from anyone can leave a comment to Administrator must approve. This is a pain in my backside and it's a pain for people who do occasionally leave comments because now they have to type that annoying little keyword, etc. Sorry.

I realize this blog is "out there" for the world to see and although I do enjoy comments from other drivers and people in general.... I really hate the spammers. I refuse to be infiltrated by the world... on the other hand I must be moving up in the search engines or I wouldn't be getting so many spam comments.

It's a catch 22.

3 comments

Q-Ball on Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 10:40:00 AM EST  

Don't forget those that leave back links to you. I have you on our side bar and we come up pretty high on the google list. Who knew we'd be pretty popular as well?!?


Lynette on Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 10:15:00 PM EST  

Funny isn't it? I have you on our sidebar as well. I see I get a good bit of traffic from you. I hate the backlink people too! They are kinda like the weekend ones! LOL


Unknown on Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 10:30:00 PM EST  

You can by pass having commentors having to put in the security word by just doing approval of all your comments first. It's a win/win situation for everyone except the spammers whose comments you can reject before they ever reach your blog.