Posted on 11:59 PM

Thurs, Oct 2... Lovin' This Trip

By Lynette at 11:59 PM

We started early this morning in Wisconsin. It was quite chilly.

Before we left South Carolina (almost 4 weeks ago!) Trapper was looking over the clothes that I was putting in the truck and just mentioned that I may want to take a few warmer clothes. My response was a simple, "I'm good."

But, I did put a pair of jeans and he slipped a jacket in the truck for me. I would have frozen this morning in my shorts, flip flops, and sleeveless t.

The drive through Wisconsin was nice. I get a kick out of the really large mice holding really big pieces of cheese.


Plus there were other things that caught my eye... this really large rock formation next to the interstate and crossing the Mississippi River (on the north side instead of the south.)



























































We crossed into Minnesota in the afternoon.... now, some of you will think I'm crazy, but I have never seen these awesome wind mills and I was fascinated. I have about 20 pictures of these but I'll spare you the pain! For my friends in North Carolina... I promised I'd add a picture...




















We drove a few miles into South Dakota today. It was getting late and we were getting to our limit on hours, so we started looking for a resting place. Prior to stopping for the night we pulled into what must be the world's greatest rest area! This place was like a mini museum.... and the view... was breathtaking!!!















































After enjoying this stop... we went to Mitchell, SD which is home of the Corn Palace. You should google this. The building was originally built in the late 1800's/early 1900's and the entire designs on the outside of the building are done with corn. The designs are changed yearly. Fascinating story and truly unique building.



















A full day of miles, pictures, and fantastic scenery.... we decided to eat at Al's Oasis and head to the rest area to park it for the night.

















This trip is the best of trucking. Yes, it is a job, first and foremost, but if you plan your dispatch and drive smart... you can squeeze in some fun time.

1 comments

Unknown on Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 12:42:00 PM EDT  

It's interesting seeing these sights again through your fresh eyes. I remember them from my first thrip through the area. The fun is just beginning!