Posted on 4:10 PM

Wed, Oct 1... Heck Yeah... WEST!!

By Lynette at 4:10 PM

We delivered at 9:00 am on Wednesday morning... As soon as I sent the Qualcomm message that we were "empty" we were sent a preplan to pick up in Holland, MI (100 miles away) and our final destination was Richmond, BC.... heck yeah!.... a 2400 mile dispatch! At first I thought it said Richmond, VA... I soon realized it was British Columbia!!

We are excited! Especially me... the north west... I've never seen. Trapper's excited because he wants to go through South Dakota.... his old stomping grounds, a stop at Cabela's, and he's not been in that part of the country for a while.

We didn't have to pick up until 3:00 pm, but we went ahead and drove on over to Holland, MI. We were picking up at Haworth. A quick google search... we were going to be hauling office furniture, hopefully a relatively light load. We found the plant (would have been hard to miss it... it was right next to the interstate), checked in with shipping and were told our load wouldn't be ready until 3:00 pm. We dropped the empty trailer and bobtailed over to "Tulip City Truck Stop".

Trapper slept a little, I looked at the map, and informed my kids that I was headed across the country... and I emailed a few girlfriends to get caught up on the gossip at my former job.... 2:30 pm we were on way to pick up our load.

Naturally, the paperwork wasn't right... we're going to Canada so there is more paperwork, pars #'s and more "driver instructions" than you can shake a stick at. All that done... the GPS ready, the map ready, the camera ready... we were on our way!

This is a picture of a rock quarry in Indiana that the interstate passes OVER! The pictures are from the right side and left side of the cab. Lord only knows how deep this was....















I thought we had our route figured out for certain. We were looking at the clock and trying to decide which way to go through Chicago. We were trying to eliminate the traffic from our plan. I knew it was going to be 294 or 290. The interstate splits and the bypass looked better. So, I thought I'd be fine taking pictures and not having to pay attention to the road. After all, I had to get a picture of the Sears tower....

As we approached Chicago we were still on track, so I quit paying attention to the road and started looking for downtown in pursuit of my prize picture. Trapper see's the interstate split up ahead and starts asking which way we were taking... oh crap... I didn't know... I thought we were staying on 294??? I tell him to go to the right... and he did.

We drove a few more miles, I snapped a few pictures, and then I looked at the map. O'Hare Airport was suppose to be on my right (according to the map) but it was... yes... to my left!! Dang it... I did it again. We went the wrong way!! But, no worries, we came out in the exact same place and it got me a little closer to the Sears tower. And here's the picture....



If you look to the left of the flag... the Sears Tower is that really tall, really distant, really tiny blurry spot!









Being that we were almost up on our 14 hours today, we stopped for the night. We wanted to make this trip mostly during the day... there's going to be so much scenery!

0 comments