Posted on 12:14 AM

Fri, Nov 21 ...... Just A Little Spoiled

By Lynette at 12:14 AM

Leaving Missouri this morning it was 24 degrees. Trapper notices on the bill of lading, under special instructions, "Prevent Freezing".... well isn't that sweet... we're suppose to prevent that how????

Today will be a 600 mile day. We're stopping in West Memphis, the terminal, to take showers and get fuel. Yes! I feel like I've been in the mountains camping in a pop up tent for three days. At this point a creek would look really good! But, it was my choice to skip them yesterday, the load came first.

Being "cooking challenged" by nature... my cooking creativity has been stretched to the max. The first week we were back out, I cheated because I cooked all kinds of food before we left home... this week I'm toughing it with the slow cooker and microwave.... but check this out.... tonight's dinner.... BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, and bread. All served up on a paper plate, real silverware, and a drink in a can. Challenging but do-able!


A couple of nights ago, I noticed the driver beside us with his atlas thrown on the steering wheel and a flashlight pointed at it. He was making notes on his dashboard pad. It dawned on me that he was mapping out his route. That's when I realized we are truly a spoiled breed of trucker's these days.

For us, we have all the essentials... coffee pot, laptop, GPS, microwave, fridge, tv, slow cooker, cell phones, and most of all storage room!

We have enough clothes for a week. Between us we have 7 pairs of shoes, 3 jackets, and I have duplicate "essentials." We carry enough groceries for at least a week and get aggravated when the cell phone or internet reception is bad. How things change, huh?

We are delivering in the morning at 9:00 a.m. and we'll be off to Hodge, La, 100 miles north. We are preplanned to deliver Monday in Sioux City, IA... cold weather here we come!

Don't let me forget my national "cheap" gas report.... today's winner, somewhere Mississippi... $1.57!! I wonder if I could store some of this in the truck and take it home with me.

0 comments