Posted on 12:24 AM

Sun., Dec 14 ... Duck, Duck, Goose!

By Lynette at 12:24 AM

Saturday ended with us still sitting at the Pilot in Little Rock, AR... waiting for the beep beep!

A movie and some junk food later... Trapper called it a night and I sat up reading forums regarding the stock market... then I decided I'd so something more interesting and watch the continuous parade of trucks trying to squeeze into this little travel center.

The government should one day realize if they would at least split the 10 hour break... the truck stops would be less crowded, the drivers would be more alert, and we'd all be a lot safer... but, hey, who am I to say.

As I was people watching.... I realized the truck next to us had an INFANT on board! I've seen many dogs, cats, stuffed animals, and even plants... but a baby? That was a first. Then I realized there were three adults in this truck and the baby!!! I couldn't imagine....

This morning rolls around and showers and Wal-Mart were on the agenda. As soon as we pulled into Wal-Mart the qualcomm beeps and I was anxious to see where we were going! Turns out we were dispatched to McCrory, AR to pick up Monday morning at 8:00 a.m. Works for us!

Trapper was doing the map while I was writing instructions and as fate would have it, our pick up point was about 10 miles from his hunting lodge! He was excited... he could check out the duck population prior to making his trip back here at Christmas for duck hunting.

For me... I got to see the area that I hear a lot about from him... he was pointing out this and that and telling some really funny stories of hunts in the past. I learned why farmers flood the rice fields (this time of year) and got a little education on duck blinds. I'm getting better at spotting ducks and I can find the blind when he points toward them!

These pictures are of geese. Lots of geese. If you click on the picture you can see it much better! We stopped the truck and listened to them..... and watched them "fall in". You just don't see this in Charlotte, NC (where I'm from).

Tomorrow we'll head to another little stop in AR and we must be in Front Royal, VA on Wednesday morning... 900 miles from here. We'll probably end up running the east coast for the remainder of the week. I'm sure the company is setting us up to make our arrival at home for Christmas.

Duck, Duck, Goose!




1 comments

PrimeTime on Monday, December 15, 2008 at 3:56:00 PM EST  

Awesome picture! I love duck hunting as well. And there certainly is ducks and geese in charlotte nc. LOL. I used to live there too :)