Posted on 12:03 AM

Fri, Jan 30... Life at the Terminal

By Lynette at 12:03 AM

A day in the life of waiting at the terminal....

Let's see... morning came early, it's warmer here, and the to do list is short! I rolled out of the truck early this morning. I even beat mountain man out this morning! That's a rarity.

Since we have 4-5 hours before our relay arrives... I decided I better take advantage of the moment and wash clothes, take a shower, and give Trapper some alone time.

Life is pretty boring at some terminals. Everyone tries to be extremely politically correct and if that doesn't work the surveillance cameras do the trick!

There are 3 good things though... 1) you don't have to stay at the terminal, 2) showers are abundant, 3) the laundry machines are cheap!


I'm glad to report our NO SMOKING policy is still intact. We have sworn off smoking in the truck. We live in the truck and we work in the truck... you can do the math!

But seriously, it's the best thing we ever decided to do. I am so proud of Mr. 2-3 pack a day former smoker... Trapper is proudly down to much less than a pack a day! (And so am I) And we're both still alive! This is a good thing.

Today is going to be a long hard run. We're leaving West Memphis, TN and deliver in Tulsa, OK tonight at 8:00 pm. It's a hot load so there will be no play time!

Today, while listening to Fox News, they mentioned a 27 year old guy that is challenging himself to find 50 jobs in 50 states in 50 weeks. He is highlighting the main industry of the state and finding employment in that industry. His goal is to eventually write a book about his experience. If you have time, you should check this out. The website is livingthemap.com or you can look under my favorite blogs for the link.

Here is my map for tonight's trip... I wonder where Saturday will take us? Somewhere hopefully... the weather this weeks was a killer on miles run. Maybe I should google local attractions in Tulsa... incase we spend the weekend there!


View Larger Map

0 comments