Posted on 11:35 PM

Sat, Feb 7... 7 Days! 8 States!

By Lynette at 11:35 PM

Today is Saturday... whew!... day off....

We're number 32 on the board and the parade of trailers from Mexico is pretty heavy today. This simply means that showers, laundry, and clean the truck out is our top priority.... we could get beeped at any moment!

This week I feel like I've seen more, done more, and laughed more than I have in years. The trade off is you miss family and friends. There has to be a balance that you must find for yourself.

My daughter called a couple of days ago and she was sick... I wanted to fly to where she attends college... my son called and was discussing a little trial he was having.... I wanted to fly to where he was... every mile I've travelled in the past seven days... there's not been one that I didn't wish my children could see what I have seen.

Everyone looks for balance between work and home. When your home moves from city to city and state to state... well, it makes it a little more difficult, but doable. I have the support of my children and they have mine... which enriches my life. If anyone reading this blog is "thinking" about driving otr... be sure you have the support of your family.

Since last Sunday we've crossed 8 states and been in and out of 3 time zones at least 2 times... we were just beeped by the qualcomm which says we are picking up a trailer, here at the terminal on Sunday, and we must have it in Shreveport, LA bright and early Monday morning.

I'm going to join Trapper now in the middle of his "West Wing" marathon...

(This past week in review)

View Larger Map

1 comments

Mark Krusen on Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 8:10:00 AM EST  

Your right on when you say "be sure to have support of your family before going over the road"

I was on the road for 27 years total and had the support of my wife. She never once complained. It did make it a little easier being gone. But as I think of all the things I missed as it relates to family over the years. I have to wonder if it was really worth it.

It sounds like your kids are old enough so that helps some what. But for anyone with younger kids. Be darn sure everyone understands what "Over the Road" means.

All that being said it is an awesome way to make a living if you have company on the road with you isn't it?