Posted on 11:58 PM

Wed, Feb 4.... GoodBye LA

By Lynette at 11:58 PM

We delivered this morning at 6:00 am in Ontario, CA and drove the 10 miles to Fontana, CA to pick up our consumer solutions... aka small appliances!

Our appointment was at noon and we arrived early... 8:30 am.... they wouldn't budge on the pick up time so we sat in the parking lot.

Trapper decided it was time for lunch, so he's in the back getting everything out of the fridge... I'm in the front working on my blog!
The phone rings and the qualcomm goes off.

Trapper comes up front to get the phone and we are being sent about 6 miles down the street to Target Distribution center to move a trailer for them. Evidently it was to be a live load but the fellow driver left the trailer and now Target needs it moved.

We set the map and the gps and started toward the street... as we were leaving the parking lot we hit a huge bump and the next sound was a crashing sickening sound! The fridge fell AGAIN! We just looked at each other.... I'm sure we were both silently asking ourselves, "Was I the last one in the fridge?"


A few months back I was the faulty one... we were in LA and I forgot to put the bungee cord around it... this time however.... I was no where close to the fridge! Trapper didn't yell at me the first time so I sat quietly this time. I was having flashbacks...

We make it to Target and everyone was confused on what we were suppose to be doing. We find the trailer and it's loaded... that's not good... so we check again and they want it put in the dock... we do... and then the shipping dept says someone has to pick it up in 6 hours. We were actually under load, so we leave to go back to our original pick up place and call headquarters.

Finally, around 2:00 pm we are loaded and ready to roll. The fridge was back together, hooked down and we were headed out of California.

Coming through Palm Springs and Desert Springs you can't help but notice the diverse landscape... palm trees to snow covered mountains.

My fascination with these windmills is still alive and well. There were literally hundreds scattered through this desert area.
And on a closing note for tonight... sunsets in California are remarkable! I've had the opportunity to see the sunrise on the east coast and set on the west coast....

0 comments