Posted on 12:34 AM

Thur, Feb 5... New Mexico

By Lynette at 12:34 AM

Last night we stopped just across the Arizona border (coming south out of California). I feel funny walking around without my vest, jacket and snow boots.

I wished to see snow measured in feet and I wished us to California... in one week... both wishes have come true.

This picture is for my daughter... (this is Phoenix!)

Today has been really interesting... we stopped at a rest area in Arizona and there were vendors set up like what you would see at a flea market, Arizona is full of RV and camp sites, and I've seen warning signs for poisonous animals... I'm going to put a post together one day of "funny things from the road"... there is always something to see...

Has anyone heard of pink rattlesnakes? Maybe I dreamed it? Trapper laughed when I asked him... he said I should ask one of the people at the rest area... I decided to keep my mouth shut...

Not only do they let you know not to smoke at the rest area, Arizona is also pushing for a "smoke free" state.

One of my favorite sites in Arizona are the large cactus!

And we're calling it a night in Las Cruces, NM.

Tomorrow we'll follow the Rio Grande along NM and Texas...

3 comments

Kevin on Friday, February 6, 2009 at 7:40:00 PM EST  

Hi i love reading your stories and insights of life in a truck.i found your blog a week or so ago and must say i'm hooked.I'm hoping oneday to also try the trucking life it's been a long held dream of mine.i live in Long Beach CA.thanks for sharing your daily life on the road.with us who are only dreaming of it!take care.


Lynette on Saturday, February 7, 2009 at 6:42:00 PM EST  

Hi Kevin,
Thank you for the note and thanks for reading! We have managed to find a happy balance between work and living otr!
Lynette and Trapper


Anonymous on Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 11:42:00 AM EST  

PHEONIX! i love it!