Posted on 9:34 PM

Mon-Wed..9/21-23 Deja Vu!

By Lynette at 9:34 PM

I learned today that my position "in this truck/workplace/home" has a formal name... right seat cover! I am an official seat cover. Whew! I knew I had to be something.

We left SC (our home base) on Monday and went straight to PA. We have now left PA and are now sitting in GA with Jacksonville, FL on the list for first thing in the morning. It was just about this same time last year when I started riding with Trapper and we left SC straight to PA and then straight to FL! Deja Vu!!!

Funny how trucking lanes are. I never understood the term until I jumped into this industry as an observer.

We have been in the rain since last Tuesday but luckily nothing like Atlanta has had. We had a ton of rain in the upstate of SC. It rained the entire time we were getting the truck ready for departure and it's rained since we left. However; southern GA is dry right now but you could ring the water out of the air!

Our load coming out of PA was interesting... we had to be "security checked" so I am proud to announce we are both "outstanding warrant" free and our names are not on the "bad" list. It's strange to me though... when you cross the borders you feel like an outsider coming back in the country (especially from Mexico) and when you are waiting on your security clearance... your brain is thinking, "Crap... I hope there is nothing wrong." Although you KNOW there IS NOTHING wrong!

This is it for now. Our load delivers at 0630 eastern time and we try to run on central time... so it's time to call it a day! I don't do mornings well. LOL

0 comments