Posted on 11:08 PM

Mon...Oct 11... 900 miles to go!

By Lynette at 11:08 PM

onight we are in Santa Rosa, NM. We spent last night at the terminal in Joplin, MO, after a 600+ mile day... the shower availability was nice.

My day started 100 miles down the interstate. Again, I saw no real reason to get up very early. Our schedule typically includes Trapper getting up really early to start driving... I stumble to the front about 2 hours later, usually 100 miles... then at night he crashes in the back a couple of hours before me. It gives us a little "alone" time. Our space, I guess.

Today I was able to see the entire state of Oklahoma, the panhandle of TX and I will finish seeing New Mexico tomorrow. We decided to stop and eat at the BIG TEXAN. If you are even on I-40W you have got to take the time to eat here. Exit 74! It will be well worth the time and money. I've added a link to the side, but I'll add one here as well. bigtexan.com


After our dinner break we traveled about 150 more miles and called it a night.

Trapper realized today that we may be able to get a reset in on our hours before we cross into CA. We maybe stopping Flagstaff, AZ tomorrow night and spend the day there on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to that! I've only been to Flagstaff once before but I remember I really liked it. Plus being able to get out of the truck a little will be nice too.

We absolutely don't want to get to CA with just a few hours on our 70 hours. CA and all their emmision laws and no idle laws! Who wants to stay there, in a truck! One day, truck companies will finally realize that CA doesn't want us there and we won't be there. That's when CA will realize that America Moves By Truck!

Our route since we left Carlisle, PA on Thursday, Newark, NJ on Friday, and headed to CA by Saturday...You can click the little minus sign on the map to make it smaller. I don't know what I did wrong.


View Larger Map

0 comments