Posted on 1:03 AM

Oct 10... Sat... Recalculating!

By Lynette at 1:03 AM

My morning started early... 5:00 a.m. to be exact and I was awaken by this familiar woman's voice that kept repeating... "Recalculating, recalculating!" I knew what had happened.

We spent the night at a service center in NJ last night on the NJ Turnpike. We were, according to the GPS, only 2.5 miles away from our pick-up, but that route was going through this small town, etc. Being we were on the turnpike there are only so many exits and we would have had to go about 15 miles out of route to stay on "big" roads. I thought we had decided we would take the longer route because of the bigger roads. I went to sleep and was resting comfortably when I kept hearing the GPS this morning. I knew that Trapper had decided to take the shortest route. Yee ha.... we were sightseeing again!

As I made my way to the front passenger seat, he showed me where we were on the map and told me what he'd done. (I already knew that part, right?) I'm trying to match streets with the map and keep coming up with nothing. Then we cross over the turnpike and realize we had gone the wrong way. It's one thing to be lost in a car but it's a whole different thing being lost in a truck with a 53' trailer to get turned around in the middle of NJ, in the dark, with it drizzling rain. I don't do mornings well either.

I was awake now! I located us via the GPS and found us on the map. Several of the roads were weight limited so it was like a mini obstacle course, needless to say. We did make our appointment time with 10 minutes to spare!

I'm going to have to give him his own advice when I'm travelling alone.... stay on the big roads! I will give him credit though... he can make a u-turn in this truck that I would have trouble making in a car!

The rest of our 600 mile day went fine. We stopped in OH for the night... 2100 more miles to go!

0 comments