Posted on 2:27 AM

Sun... Nov 22... What Time Is It???

Filed Under () By Lynette at 2:27 AM

Trapper is making it just fine without me... I think... you see, we have our own routine when we're in the truck together. Normally, because he is the driver, he turns in early at night... me, because I am the rider... I stay up late at night. Works out good for us, most of the time, because if we're running early morning hours I can continue to stay up with him while he drives. I am quite the night owl.

Well... a couple of nights ago, after running a week's worth of getting up at 2 a.m. or 4 a.m. (while it was dark mind you) he calls me at 4:00 p.m. and says goodnight. He had to pick up at 2:00 a.m. that next morning.

He called me at 7:30 p.m. (which surprised me because he was up) and I could tell the truck was moving because I could hear the roar.

As it turned out... he fell asleep... woke up and looked at his watch which was showing 6:30. He said he jumped up, (probably said a choice word or two) threw his pants on and started driving. By now it's around 7:00 and he kept wondering why it wasn't getting daylight. (He thought it was a.m.) He called headquarters and asked them if they could push the pick-up time back, he had overslept. They said it was no problem and pushed the pick-up time back.

Long story short... it took him turning the radio on (Bill O'Reily was on FoxNews) and looking at his cell phone which said 7:30 P.M. to realize he had only slept a couple of hours!

He called me and confessed. I couldn't help but laugh. I would have thought he had lost his mind if I had been sitting in the front seat, playing on the computer, when he jumped up from a dead sleep thinking we were late!!!!!! Even our dispatch didn't catch it.

He needs me!

0 comments