Posted on 12:54 AM

Fri... Jan 22.... Back to Texas

Filed Under () By Lynette at 12:54 AM

The trucking gods must have been in our corner Thursday morning when the qualcomm beeped. We were sitting in Roanoke, VA when we were dispatched to Abingdon, VA to pick-up and deliver in Laredo, TX.

As for tonight.... Fri night... we sit in Lancaster, TX..... tomorrow night, yes, Laredo! I don't mind Laredo, as I've stated many times before. I think we are going to reset there so I will be able to go in the terminal, spread out, and concentrate on school work.

Last week one of my assignments was "time management". We had to complete a "daily schedule" and analyze it to find time in our schedule that could be utilized better. OK.... I looked at it and laughed then I emailed my instructor.... "Melody... after reviewing this week's assignment, I have a question for you. I ride, up to 11 hours a day... I can't change it, make it better, or sugar coat it. bla, bla." She replied, "Do the best you can with it." Boy... it took a master's degree to tell me that? I pushed through the assignment and came out on top!

The other assignment was "learning to study and finding the right atmosphere that works for you. There was a worksheet to complete. (I know I drive my instructor's insane with my answers.) Here's a sample:

1. What was your environment while studying?
Answer: Sitting in the back of our cab on the bunk with my material spread out, bouncing down I-70 in Indiana. I felt like I was sitting on a trampoline with someone else jumping on it. Studying was impossible.

2. What did you do to change/enhance your environment to better aid your study time?
Answer: I decided to wait until we crossed into Illinois where the interstate was smoother.

How many other students do you think they get answers like that from? Probably not too many. But, I decided that I should make good use of my time out here and finishing my education was my goal. Trip planning has also turned into school planning in order to get assignments turned in on time, etc.

Another experience!

0 comments