Posted on 11:52 PM

Sat - Tues... Jan 9-12... Playing Catch-Up

By Lynette at 11:52 PM

We decided to reset our hours in West Memphis and Trapper suggested we go to a motel for Saturday night! Needless to say... I put up NO fight about that. We've only been out a week and we're headed to the motel. How sad... we're getting old. Normally we stay out 6-9 weeks without resorting to the motel. LOL

It was a great break. While we were at the terminal we did the normal things... shower, laundry, fill the water jugs, clean the truck out... we got to the motel later on Saturday... Trapper watched tv and I worked on school work. I thought this online schooling would be easy out here... well, being on the road is an added challenge!

Sunday our relay arrived from California and we hooked up and headed to Atlanta, GA. We arrived at the terminal there around 11:00 p.m., dropped our trailer and started looking for an empty. Ok... no empties. Now, again, it's a pain in the butt if you don't have a trailer, so we were bummed and headed over to the drop yard in Atlanta. This place spooks me... I've made mention of this before... it's the drop yard next door to the prison... the drop yard with razor wire across the top of the fence.... the drop yard from.... I don't think I need to say more.

Luckily though, we found an empty there and hooked up immediately!

Monday, we ventured over to the Pilot... fellow drivers... you know the one... the second smallest Pilot in the world... Ex 53 I-285.... this place is ridiculously small and if you get in... well... getting out is another story. There was a bump up in the parking lot and we decided it was time to go back to the drop yard.

We were finally dispatched to pick-up at 10:00 p.m. and haul butt to Jacksonville, FL. We had to be in Jacksonville at 4:30 a.m. Yippee... night shift!

We rolled into Jacksonville, FL around 3:00 a.m. (we loaded and left a little early from Atlanta) and ended up sitting until 4:00 p.m. We were dispatched to pick up in Savannah, GA and ultimately we will end up in Rome, NY.... I'm sitting here in Savannah with the windows rolled down a little, truck turned off, and the bunk heater is off.... I think my luxury will come to an end soon... somewhere around the Virginia state line probably! I see cold weather in my future!

0 comments