Posted on 11:06 PM

Sun...Jan 17.... Back in PA

Filed Under () By Lynette at 11:06 PM

Our relay arrived in Pocahontus, IL last night around 10:00 p.m. Our 14 hours were exhausted so after the quick trade of trailers... they were on their way to Phoenix, AZ and Trapper's only thought was going back to sleep!

I knew we were headed right back the way we had just come and my intentions were to stay up as last as possible so I could sleep through Indiana! I-70 is terrible in my opinion. So, I woke up this morning some 300 miles back toward PA... I think we were in Ohio. I will have to stay "thank you" to the folks that finally decided to raise the truck speed limit in Ohio and Illinois... made the trip a little easier!


The rain sat in and so did the fog! The flashing traffic signs were blasting a warning to slow down to 30 mph and even that was too fast. Luckily, it was just a few miles of fog coming down the mountain.

Tomorrow morning we deliver at 8:00 a.m. and I really hope they let us sit.... Trapper may disagree but we're both exhausted. He doens't say much, but I can tell.

We only have a few hours falling off our 70 hours, so we may get stuck on the PA shuffle! Those are those short tedious runs between PA and Jersey and if we're really unlucky..... over to NYC.

It's no wonder companies pay drivers more for driving in the northeast. PA is alright... the turnpike is easy to navigate and parking is not that big of an issue. New Jersey and New York (along with Delaware and Rhode Island).... well, forget it. There are too many people (drivers) and very limited parking. Everything is so compact shall I say!

I forget exactly which state, but the welcome center sign proudly boasts..... "Welcome to _______" and underneath.... "NO TRUCKS ALLOWED"..... ok... One day the trucking companies are going to say, "No mass, No mass.... if you want it, come to the state line and get it yourself!"

Three days of that and the citizens would let us park in their front yard! LOL

2 comments

Unknown on Monday, January 18, 2010 at 11:30:00 AM EST  

Until you are exposed to the trucking life, you truly don't appreciate all that trucks do.....essentially bring you every creature comfort you desire. Yeah, I'd love to have people suffer a few days without trucks just so the men and women truckers could feel the love once in awhile.


Lynette on Tuesday, January 19, 2010 at 12:09:00 AM EST  

I agree!