Posted on 10:19 PM

Saturday, August 2... My First Truck Trip!!

By Lynette at 10:19 PM

Wow! What a few last days!

I met Trapper Friday night in Pageland, SC... it was sooooo good to see him!!!! It was strange (in a good way) having him in my "home town". We did the normal kinda stuff; went to eat, stopped by the grocery, and back to the truck.

My first night, in the truck... my first trip was going to be Saturday! I was so excited! We had to deliver at Wal-Mart at 4:00 am on Saturday. 3:00 am the phone alarm goes off. I felt the truck start to move. I didn't want to get in his way or disrupt his routine, so I just laid in the bunk.

We arrived at Wal-Mart and he gets out and does his thing. It was so cool. Trucks coming in and out. A little fella running around in the lot making sure everyone was doing what they were suppose to be doing. I kept wondering what I was suppose to be doing.

First things first... COFFEE! Trapper had already made a pot, so all I had to do was find a cup and start drinking! Then he gets back in truck and just looks at me with this "look" on his face. I think we're both trying to figure out if this is going to work or not. (I know it will.) He's trying really hard to make me comfortable and think of anything and everything he can do to make sure I don't change my mind. Little does he know... there's no way I'm changing my mind!

I did learn a lot though. Women, even as low maintenance as myself, need our stuff with us. I know now what I need to keep in the truck vs. having it stashed underneath. The things we take for granted, I will have to learn to improvise. Creativity101.

My first trip under my belt, I feel so much better. I'm glad I met him and went with him. It'll be a breeze from here on. My first road trip... 12 miles total!!

0 comments