Posted on 3:28 PM

Sunday, Sept 14... Continued...

By Lynette at 3:28 PM

I was perfectly content, clean, and ready to move from our Hammond, LA truck stop that we had called home for a day plus. I checked the slow cooker and it was ok to travel. Trapper has warned me several times about keeping the appliances secure, closed, and keep check on the bungee cords, etc. All week I was sure to check and double check the cords when I finished in the back of the cab.

We pulled out of the parking space and I heard a strange loud noise in the back, but I didn’t jump up to check (my bad, I wish I had jumped!)… we came in contact with the second hole in the pavement and the noise that came from behind me…. Well, I thought the whole sleeper of the cab had fallen off!! It was the loudest crashing sound I’ve ever heard, outside of being in a car wreck!

Trapper glances up and behind me and the look on his face made me realize what I had NOT done. My moment of bliss had come to an end… the refrigerator had crashed to the floor of the cab and was in two pieces!! I almost started crying but Trapper was a gentleman and didn’t say a word. I swear I heard him tell me to “get out”… he says he told me to “sit down”. I was getting out though. I was already on the step. I thought he needed a minute. I knew I needed one. Unfortunately the fridge was messed up… good news… it still works.

The rest of the evening was spent trying to dry the comforter and sheet with an air hose hooked to the air in the front seat and with the air conditioner vent in the back. Needless to say, we’re in LA with humidity of 100%, it’s raining, and naturally at this point everything is feeling wet!

My parents always said I had to learn lessons the hard way. Tomorrow had to be better…. Or so I thought.....

1 comments

thedaughter on Sunday, September 28, 2008 at 2:09:00 PM EDT  

aww mom...breaking stuff already?!?!?! haha