Posted on 1:44 PM

Wed, Nov 5... Back at Work!

By Lynette at 1:44 PM

Wednesday morning and we are ready to go! Trapper put us on the board early this morning so we are waiting.

The qualcomm finally beeped around 8:00 a.m.... our first dispatch, YES! It's always exciting pushing the button to see where your preplan is taking you!

Our preplan... 12 miles down the road! We just looked at each other.... we are picking up in the town adjacent to where we live and we don't pick up until 9 p.m.

Ok, so we drive over to the place. We'll be hauling ink, hazmat load, ultimately delivering in Lawrenceburg, TN. They told us it would be fine to drop the empty trailer and they will load us when we get back tonight.




Thank goodness we live close by. At least we can go back home for the day. I decided to make the best of being home and went ahead cooked the meat we were taking with us. I cooked for about 6 hours, froze the meat, and packed it all back in the fridge.



Trapper, knowing he will end up driving all night, made the wise decision to nap. I picked up a couple more items at the house, and about 8:00 pm we were off to get our load.

Arriving at our pick up was tricky. It's a small plant with a tiny, strange laid out parking lot and dock. This was again, one of the times I don't see how drivers do what they do.

We were loaded quickly, right on time, and then we had to send the hazmat info to CFI headquarters and put the "flammable" stickers on the trailer. We left around 10:30 pm and headed toward Lawrenceburg, TN. I made it just west of Knoxville, TN and I had to call it a night. I was exhausted...maybe I should have napped instead of cooking??? Around 2:00 a.m. I had to say goodnight. Thank goodness I-40 is smooth... I couldn't even tell the truck was moving.

0 comments