Posted on 1:05 AM

Tues, Dec 23... Shop Til I Drop

By Lynette at 1:05 AM

The little Christmas tree is up and it is adorable!

I think both of my kids are coming down Wednesday and I can not wait to see them! I haven’t seen them at the same time in months. My daughter’s home from college and my son is off work… so… it might happen! Trapper’s son is in town and we’re hoping he will be here too!

Christmas isn’t Christmas without a few decorations … In the essence of time, I perched the little 2 foot tree on top of a ceramic column and it worked perfectly. I’m a kid at heart when it comes to Christmas and I would have had the entire house decorated on the day after Thanksgiving, if we had been home. The state would have renamed our street Christmas Lane!

I really wanted to put Christmas lights around the inside of the truck windshield (that I could turn on at night) and then I thought it would be cute to add a Santa Claus hanging from the big side mirror with a huge wreath on the grill and a string of reindeer tied to the antenna… you know... to simulate them flying over the truck as we rolled down the highway… but I didn’t think CFI would find that as comical and cool as I would have!

I ventured out today, in the car… alone… to finish Christmas shopping. I lost the car three times in the various parking lots… don’t laugh… it’s small and silver… not huge, red, and with 3 foot CFI lettering on top!

My feet and legs are killing me because I haven’t walked this much at one time in months, but I survived it AND I came home with change (cha-ching!)… Imagine that. Trapper says if you send a women to the store with $40 she’ll spend $40... If you send $1,000, she’ll spend $1,000... Hmmmok… he has a point!

When I left this morning to start my shopping spree, he’s plan was to tear the mower apart, to work on the bearings, and he was going to do “something” in the yard. I got home 5-6 hours later and a large part of the yard was…. Ummm… burned!

“Love what you did with the landscaping.” I told him… He laughed, “It’ll come back good next year.”

“Lovely”, I thought… I wonder what the plan is for keeping the yard up this spring? My instincts are telling me that we’ll get reacquainted with a DEERE friend!

Actually, he did work his butt off in the yard while I was out goofing off. A lot of outside work was taken care of and it does look much better. I like the burnt look!

Now that we’ve both over done it for one day… and I have worked my domestic goddess magic with a few Christmas goodies…. I think it’s time to settle on the couch and watch movies! My feet will thank me.

0 comments