We delivered our load safely on Tuesday afternoon and received our preplan to go to New Cumberland, PA. I happened to look at the qualcomm and realized we weren't suppose to be there until Wed afternoon. We ran this same load last week and it picked up on Tuesday. What the heck!

So here we were a whole day early. We tried to get off the load but our dispatcher was less than cooperative and we decided to leave it as is. After all, we were headed to Jacksonville, FL!

In the meantime Trapper notices we have a rear seal leaking on the back right drive. (That's the last wheel on the right side of the cab.) There was a Kenworth place 2 miles from the truck stop so off to Kenworth we go to get this quick fix.... um.... fixed.

As fate and the "bingo" system Kenworth has, our quick fix has turned into 2 days in a motel in Carlisle, Pa. The bingo system is a bonus system Kenworth has that pays the technicians for finding problems with the truck that the driver did not notice. In our case it was a recall item. Lucky us.

Our refrigerator was full of frozen food that I prepared before leaving home Sunday. It makes my life easier out here so I fix a ton of stuff to take with us. We had to find a hotel, call and get it approved from the company, have Kenworth call the company to get them to verify where we were, get off our load, get the stuff out of the truck, hope the hotel had a fridge in the room, and wait on the shuttle. Boy what a day Tuesday was.

Wednesday rolled around and only one part showed up. We are waiting on yet, another part. Thank goodness for wireless internet and delivery pizza and chinese food! I am running out of Diet Mt. Dew. The closest store is a mile away and it's cold here, so walking is out of the question. I will suffer through it and survive... Trapper may not survive my withdrawals though!

Hopefully, the other part will arrive tomorrow and we can move our gypsy selves back to our truck! It's funny when you have everything in that truck and then have to suddenly abandon it, just how out of place you become!

PS - Can someone tell me where the spell check went. I can't find it on here.

1 comments

LeRoy on Monday, October 12, 2009 at 2:37:00 PM EDT  

I keep a $2.00 white styrofoam ice chest in my truck for those times that the refrigerator dies or truck goes in for something that requires the inverter to be off. I store items like spare paper towels in it so that it is not just something taking up more space in my truck. That $2 investment has saved much more than $2 in the food I have saved from going bad.
LeRoy (Magician) www.ParkMyRig.com